1996-03-23 - Re: Ecash API about to be released

Header Data

From: Ian Goldberg <iang@cs.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 543a7d91a443b33da4e49dec927ca8065c3937685266b9fe684b78c19ba01be9
Message ID: <31530BB5.61952101@cs.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <v02120d05ad77f85bc667@[192.0.2.1]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-23 00:00:35 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 08:00:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Ian Goldberg <iang@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 08:00:35 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ecash API about to be released

Lucky Green wrote:

> With the Ecash API due to be released within a matter of days, I would
> welcome anyone on this list interested in building applications on top of
> such an API to contact me. The API will determine the calls to a libecash
> that DigiCash will provide.
>
> Try to send emails that contain "I would like to code..." and please don't
> send the ones that contain "it would be nice if someone coded..."

By this, do you mean that just the API will be released (which we had
pretty much finalized in mid-January), or actual code to go with it?

They've had far too much time to add wrappers to their existing ecash
client to turn it into a library.  I hope that (very soon) we see a
properly-implemented libecash; however, that's unlikely, since no one
has discussed a low-level API yet...

   - Ian "I'll write it, if someone can get around these **** INS
           problems..."

Thread