1996-03-22 - A funny story

Header Data

From: Greg Kucharo <sophi@best.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6c70be386897e3c56d4bea4416dbd472b38fcb7df6d0502425e73a3e086f2798
Message ID: <3151EE5C.F4E@best.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 20:49:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Greg Kucharo <sophi@best.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 20:49:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: A funny story

I was driving on the Foothill Expressway in Palo Alto today when
I came to a stop at a light. I glanced over at the car next to me
and noticed that someone had left thier keys in the door lock.
 So being the good cypherpunk that I am I jumped out and grabbed the
keys from the lock, then knocked on the window. The passenger rolled
down the window and accepted the keys back. Much to my surprise the
passenger was none other than Whitfield Diffie.
 Very goofily I exclaimed, "aren't you Whifield Diffie!?". "Yes, who
are you", was the reply. "I'm a cypherpunk", I retorted. I'm not
sure his exact reply by I think it was along the "excellent" lines.
I got handshakes from he and his driver.

"When they came for the Fourth Amendment I didn't say anything
because I had nothing to hide.
  When they came for the Second Amendment I didn't say anything
because I wasn't a gun owner.
  When they came for the Fifth and Sixth Amendments I didn't say
anything because I had
  committed no crimes. When they came for the First Amendment I
couldn't say anything."

Thread