1996-03-11 - Cryptographers against cryptography

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6d0f6e5c455ae73b226e89b3e4946d71d68b0c3a3819c7d3823aeae0b833c505
Message ID: <199603111735.JAA17685@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 04:47:05 +0800

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 04:47:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cryptographers against cryptography

This is the second in a regular series of postings to expose
cryptographers and cypherpunks who are either lying to us or
making a very serious mistake in there judgement.

Why do I say this?? What do these people have in common? Easy. Even though
they act like they are on the side of crypto for the masses, every
one of them support the Leahy anticryptography bill. This law will
make it illegal to run an encrypting remailer and will require
key escrow. If it isn't clear why this is the case READ THE BILL!!!!
have exposed the bill for what it is. Even though these people have been
presented with evidence that the bill does these things they have
not recanted. They stab us in the back and then they lie about it.

Some of these people have been bought out by forces unknown. Others are just
blind to the facts and need education. Bizdos is in a class by himself.

It's time we "help" them think about this. Email each of these
people with youre opinion that they should support cryptography or
maybe stop lying to us that they do. What you say and do is up to
you. I do not support breaking the law (yet).

B. Schneier: bs208@newton.cam.ac.uk, schneier@counterpane.com
M. Blaze: mab@crypto.com, mab@research.att.com
J. Bizdos: jim@rsa.com
S. Safaddar: shabbir@vtw.org
D. Weinstein: djw@vplus.com
P.. Peterson: padgett@hobbes.orl.mmc.com
B. Stewart: stewarts@ix.netcom.com

BOYCOTT APPLIED CRYPTOGRAPHY, AT&T, VTW, and RSA!!!!

Thread