1996-03-08 - question re. PGP CharSet

Header Data

From: max.muzi@altair.it (Max Muzi)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7b3b2307c17e425f552819c2fc32fd0e5cc84870a234efada4ed57fed2810529
Message ID: <96030819291115648@altair.it>
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 04:49:25 +0800

Raw message

From: max.muzi@altair.it (Max Muzi)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 04:49:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: question re. PGP CharSet

Apparently, the mechanism for overriding PGP configuration settings by
means of command-line arguments  does not work properly with the
option "charset" (at least with version 2.6.1i). Anyone know why?
Actually, PGP does understand the option "+charset", as it does not
yield an "invalid argument" error message, but it looks like it does
not take that option into consideration.

While I know most people need not switch from one charset to another
every day, some of them (like me) do not have completely migrated to
Windows yet and would still like to use the MS-DOS standard charset
(cp850) from time to time without having to re-edit or substituting
the PGP config file each time. But I guess it's not possible, is it?

Thanks,

Max

PS: [off-topic] Anybody know how one can have the MS-DOS keyboard
driver use the standard Windows char table (LATIN1 aka iso-8859-1)?

~~
Massimiliano Muzi ['mu:tsi] <max.muzi@altair.it>
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2027/max-muzi.html
PGP public key available on keyservers.
"Eternal nothingness is OK if you are dressed for it"

msg date/time: Friday 8 March 1996, 12:38 GMT+1

Thread