1996-03-22 - Re: IPG message

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8195b2a0d0f33e015cba52adf9d8499725a76ae33825cadd5c6cebd9d736a133
Message ID: <199603220533.VAA29988@ix7.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 17:09:45 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 17:09:45 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IPG message

The Seymour, TX Snake Oilers just keep getting better all the time,
now that they've left Houston, or was it Boulder!
Goat-getting hype about "What is specially claimed as copyrighted and or
patentable"
(blatantly incorrectly using those terms, and forgetting to include trademarks),
several amusing new product names, bombastic claims about speed and
strength, anecdotes about things he heard Dr. Von Neumann Himself say,
and a sum-of-Linear-Congruential generators algorithm which is
not only breakable but far slower than RC4 or RC5 or OTPs about which
he's said less recently than before.
And hardware random number generators achieving multiple
megabytes per second of random numbers on a simple serial port!

>Note: The zipped files are considerably larger than the original
>      because they are random unzippable data files.

UnAuTHorIZed ReproDUCTion and DIS-SEMINATION Are STRICTLY ProHIBiTeD!
Yee-Hah!

P.S. Ralph - you now owe us the keys to your company (Percy still gets his 10%),
plus all your remarkably copious Slack!

#--
#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts@ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215 pager 408-787-1281
# "At year's end, however, new government limits on Internet access threatened
# to halt the growth of Internet use.  [...] Government control of news media
# generally continues to depend on self-censorship to regulate political and
# social content, but the authorities also consistently penalize those who
# exceed the permissible."  - US government statement on China...

"SigFiles of Unusual Size?  I don't believe they exist!"

Thread