1996-03-07 - Re: PGP backdoor? (No, I’m not paranoid.)

Header Data

From: David Weiss <davidw@hpato.aus.hp.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 81bdb8b6e8e20ccaffd01b1acaeb7a7010e94f25a605eb79227d7a4318bd93e0
Message ID: <4841.825560962@hpautoas.aus.hp.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 07:29:14 +0800

Raw message

From: David Weiss <davidw@hpato.aus.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 07:29:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP backdoor? (No, I'm not paranoid.)

jf_avon@citenet.net wrote:
>perry@piermont.com wrote:

[...]
>>Your informant is taking extremely good drugs. You should find out who
>>his connection is should you want to get any.
>>
>>Perry
>
>Dear Perry,

[interesting statement of why nothing one hears should ever be discounted]

>So, why waste bandwith with a post that apparently mainly seems to be aimed
>at dismissing somebody but brings *absolutely no* new knowledge to
>the discussion?  Please, next time, post privately.
Sure it does; Perry's opinion. And what that is worth, depends on the
reader's opinion of Perry.

>Funny jokes are, IMHO,  welcome because they have some life-enhancing value.
>
>So please, at least be funny...
I thought it was pretty funny (more so than your post, anyway).

David (I feel another really silly and pointless thread starting...)

Thread