1996-03-11 - Re: Lawz to be.

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: PADGETT@hobbes.orl.mmc.com
Message Hash: 8301ab705765c533ac71cbfb72d42b9ad54aa37de5a79edd4069c6dd55d0d522
Message ID: <01I26SR4VEMOAKTUL8@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 11:31:48 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 11:31:48 +0800
To: PADGETT@hobbes.orl.mmc.com
Subject: Re: Lawz to be.

From:	IN%"PADGETT@hobbes.orl.mmc.com"  "A. Padgett Peterson P.E. Information Security" 10-MAR-1996 01:15:57.84

>Thought the gotcha was down in the part about the Secretary of Commerce.
>My reading is that the secretary will still be required to grant
>approval for commercial export. Is past the part about no regulation
>inside the US (which is true now - still would be nice to see a "Congress
>shall make no law..."). The puzzler is the requirement that a comperable
>foreign product must exist before permission to export will be granted.

>Will this be like "comparable product" price matching in discount houses ?
>Somehow there never is one...

	Quite. A better format would be "as hard or harder for the NSA to
decrypt," given the publically stated purpose for ITAR.
	-Allen

Thread