1996-03-28 - Re: Tim’s friend’s mildly retarded son

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: tcmay@got.net
Message Hash: 85ca7243f3fa43308b7a86eda4a835a534eba276bfbf1ba69ac23aca0ecbdbd1
Message ID: <01I2STD1A5SI8ZDZ7I@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:53:47 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:53:47 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net
Subject: Re: Tim's friend's mildly retarded son

From:	IN%"tcmay@got.net" 22-MAR-1996 00:47:25.47

>At 11:17 PM 3/21/96, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

>>        This topic's relevance to Cypherpunks, aside from the confirmations
>>that you mentioned, is low... aside from that it's of interest to Extropians
>>such as myself and Tim May.

>In recent months, a self-appointed group of list members have taken upon
>themselves to argue that _anything_ that does not have to do with certain
>topics they find appropriate is "not related to crypto, so take it
>elsewhere." Regrettably, most reasonable people have grown quiet about
>anything that smacks of politics or ideology, leaving the field clear for
>certain ranting lunatics.

	Umm... I was referring to the discussion in regards to whether
"smart drugs" work or not, not the discussion on the FDA. Sorry if I wasn't
clear. Admittedly, some of my comments with regards to the FDA's
ultraconservative/better-safe-than-sorry (depending on whose side you take)
policy can be extended to an analysis of the NSA's behavior - putting the
brakes on cryptography even after it becomes useless to do so, and after it
becomes _necessary_ for America's future (commerce et al).
	-Allen

Thread