1996-03-24 - Crypto CD

Header Data

From: Ben Holiday <ncognito@gate.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8b7bfb04f2bf162c16b4e0dd8952c420fde6c9dc60752a5983f14516346ef106
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.91.960324013306.50010C-100000@hopi.gate.net>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 18:21:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Ben Holiday <ncognito@gate.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 18:21:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crypto CD

   I'm considering the idea of cutting a crypto CD, and wanted to see if
there was any potential interest in the idea, or not. Basically what i
forsee is a disk with the basic algorithms (DES/IDEA/Etc), and steg tools,
along with a few large crypto aps like PGP, and basic cracking software (Crypt
Breakers Work Bench, XOR-type crackers, and dictionary attacks with
a few dozen dictionaries). I'd also like to include a remail directory
with some remailer sources, remailer-aware clients, and the mixmaster
sources. And of course as much infomation as possible -- cyphernomicon
preferably, possibly even archives of this list..

I would plan to put unix/dos/mac all on one CD. I'm thinking that
realistically I can expect 50 megs or so. Possibly as much as 100 if I
find a TON of wonderful text.

Could be useful to individuals, as well as for groups wishing to create
FTP sites etc.

Pricing with shipping would wind up around US$20.00, give or take 5 dollars..

I'd like to know first off whether such a thing already exists. Secondly
whether anyone would be interested in possesing such a thing. And lastly
any suggestions for/about content that I may have missed..

Thanks
Benji

Thread