1996-03-08 - Can you say “market opportunity”?

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 97641f99dc3cb8284eb93873536ffaaf29293c5475778489f3c728ecb5116ff0
Message ID: <v02120d1bad6627fd2c7d@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 04:40:23 +0800

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 04:40:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Can you say "market opportunity"?

I knew you could...

Cheers,
Bob

--- begin forwarded text

Comments: Authenticated sender is <bigmac@digicash.com>
From: "Marcel van der Peijl" <bigmac@digicash.com>
To: ecash@digicash.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 16:09:26 +0100
Subject: MT ecash censoring?
Sender: owner-ecash@digicash.com

I would like to state here that the policy of Mark Twain Bank on
what merchants can or can not sell with ecash is NOT the official
policy of DigiCash. We can not and do not force our banking
licensees any restrictions on the kind of material they sell. On the
other hand, we can also not forbid them to put restrictions on that.

There are laws that require MT to comply with local (St. Louis MO
USA) regulations even when things being sold are acceptible in both
the merchant's and the buyer's country. I don't know for sure if
this is relevant in this specific case, and I would also like to
hear a comment from Mark Twain at this moment. We do not know their
exact policy.

// Marcel van der Peijl, DigiCash bv, http://www.digicash.com/~bigmac/
// "Sacred cows make the best hamburger." -- Mark Twain

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell
The e$ Home Page: http://thumper.vmeng.com/pub/rah/

Thread