1996-03-14 - e$ and markets and meta-markets. quote with little comment

Header Data

From: bryce@digicash.com
To: e$@thumper.vmeng.com, cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ce2c15603f5e194cb8755eb1e69f6e544b68c7dbb9ef19eb57854a236cea587a
Message ID: <199603141142.MAA16076@digicash.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 14:13:46 -0500

Raw message

From: bryce@digicash.com
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 14:13:46 -0500
To: e$@thumper.vmeng.com, cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: e$ and markets and meta-markets. quote with little comment

I just thought I would re-print this extract from the recent
press release regarding the EUNet/Merita ecash roll-out.

Favorite phrase: "interesting new possibilities."

Follow-ups directed toward e$.  If you post to cpunks without
Cc'ing me I probably won't see it.

Bryce

******* begin quote from the "companies that accept ecash" section

SOM -- SOM, the Finnish Securities and Derivatives Exchange
and Clearing House,  established in 1987, serves as a
neutral integrated securities and derivatives exchange and
clearing house.  SOM offers real-time financial market
information on stocks, options and futures via the
Internet, with invoices payable in ecash. Somtel for
Windows -the application that offers real-time feed, as
well as simulation and position-analysis functions-, is
already available via leased line.
 "The use of money makes stock trading less complicated,
with money acting as a practical intermediary between the
transactions." states Asko Schrey, President of SOM.
"However, since stock trades, as well as the shares
themselves, are electronic nowadays, this conventional
transmission of money has actually become a bottleneck and
a threat to the development of the financial world.
Therefore, SOM actively participates in projects to promote
and improve the efficiency of payment traffic. We believe
that electronic money will offer interesting new
possibilities."

Thread