1996-03-18 - Re: M$ CryptoAPI Question

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
To: bglassle@kaiwan.com
Message Hash: f2d97953b62f3d76edaa0f907b1a972c943a023f12a14aabdda6a55f025474a5
Message ID: <199603172343.SAA26113@homeport.org>
Reply To: <314bb878.2839245@kaiwan.kaiwan.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-18 00:12:18 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 08:12:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 08:12:18 +0800
To: bglassle@kaiwan.com
Subject: Re: M$ CryptoAPI Question

Bob Glassley wrote:

| With the current releases of the NT 4.0 betas, I would assume some of
| you have had the chance to look at the API more closely.  I am getting
| ready to hack my first crypto enabled app and wondered if this was
| worth using or if Crypto C++ is the way to go.

	MS's crypto API is only available on MS platforms (AFAIK.)  If
you want to be able to run cross platform, I'd reccomend something
that works on other platforms.  Crypto++ is probably preferable to
MS's API for that reason.

	For other options, I maintain a table of crypto libraries at
www.homeport.org/~adam/crypto/

Adam

					               -Hume

Thread