1996-04-05 - pgp keys

Header Data

From: jpps@voicenet.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 264a8daaf386d59aa884f21a426b4f385a71a0abd05d5720c441f8138ae7e06f
Message ID: <199604041655.LAA01570@laura.voicenet.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 10:31:48 +0800

Raw message

From: jpps@voicenet.com
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 10:31:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: pgp keys

Is there a reliable method for obtaining the pgp public key for an
arbitrary email address? elm-2.4pl24pgp3 does a logical join on my local
alias and keyring files; what I'm looking for is a way for my mua/mta to
obtain keys I do not have.

I've caught some of the discussion on key servers, and noted some
people's use of their signature, plan, or home page to distribute their
keys.  Are some combination of these suitable today? Is there a
parseable convention in use for extracting keys from mail/finger/html?
Is there a "get_keyd" floating about?

My goal is to make encryption the default behavior on outgoing mail. I
am not concerned about local security.

Thanks in advance.

jps
--