1996-04-12 - Re: Digital Cash Escrow

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 2f3bed9161bd75b474705ab2d07f9681be9ff47cd4649bca02cb627fb2a0aab7
Message ID: <199604112027.NAA17193@netcom7.netcom.com>
Reply To: <ad91bd700a02100484a7@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-12 22:53:58 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 06:53:58 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 06:53:58 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Digital Cash Escrow

TCM:

>At 10:14 PM 4/10/96, Bill Stewart wrote:
>
>>Of course, if you happen to become dead while you're storing it,
>>the paper cash is far more useful to your heirs, so I assume we'll have
>>a government-sponsored cash-escrow system announced soon to protect
>>the government's interest in collection of inheritance taxes...
>
>Don't give them ideas, Bill! They are known to monitor our list for
>insights into what to regulate next, and I can see the 15-watt lightbulbs
>going on over their heads as they ponder the wonderful opportunities
>presented by "digital cash escrow."

give me a break!!! the future government attempts to squelch,
suppress, restrict, prohibit, regulate, tax, spindle, and
mutilate Digital Cash will make Clipper look as significant and
threatening as a christmas tree ornament.

we have not seen the tiniest shred of the panic and paranoia
that will resonate through government once they get a clue about
what Digital Cash means to the future of the world.

furthermore, it is my belief that there are some very rich people
that effectively control our governments, who have strangleholds
on various aspects of the world economy that will become a
tad upset as well.

as I wrote in an earlier essay, the possibilities of combining
digital cash with stock market company shares suggest a radical
new economy that would have the potential to topple a lot of
very powerful existing interests, in the way that printing presses
once toppled the Church.

to borrow a bit of Chinese black humor, "we live in interesting times".
we will be living in even more interesting times shortly.

Thread