1996-04-20 - Re: EFF/Bernstein Press Release

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 3130619992c291f9fe4ed218fae715922dab273dc270f523dd0ae06309d1a189
Message ID: <v02120d0dad9ef12ae10c@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 06:47:56 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 06:47:56 +0800
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: EFF/Bernstein Press Release

At 10:46 4/19/96, Alan Olsen wrote:

>I have been seening a surprising amount of rant from the forces of
>Government about keeping information out of "the hands of terrorists".  I am
>wondering how this is going to be brought about.  The books are there.  They
>can be ordered from a number of mail order firms.  They can also be found in
>used book stores across the country.  The information is alos on the net, on
>cd-roms and other mediums of storage.  How are they going to stuff the
>tentacles back into the can?

Trivial.

Publish a book -> Ten years.
Sell a book -> Ten years.
Sell CDROM -> Ten years.
Publish on the net (at this time US only, but identical campaigns are
underway in just about any country with a decent net connection) -> Ten
years.

Won't stop the hard core terrorist, but will keep the general population
from taking action once they finally realize what is going on.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer, DigiCash, Inc.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread