1996-04-07 - Re: “Contempt” charges likely to increase

Header Data

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
To: Black Unicorn <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 3dba0a767fd825c3e60feedcf006201ba9aa55ebe016d8edfd7753ed18e62532
Message ID: <199604062150.NAA15092@netcom9.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 09:45:44 +0800

Raw message

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 09:45:44 +0800
To: Black Unicorn <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: "Contempt" charges likely to increase

At  1:19 PM 4/6/96 -0500, Black Unicorn wrote:
>I might add that the Cayman Islands are full of trust companies with
>provisions which forbid the disclosure of data to a client who is
>coerced.  A law on the books refuses to recognize "consent" orders made
>under judicial compulsion.  This would give the appearance of total
>unavailability of evidence and suggest the futility of contempt
>charges.  Yet courts have still, and with no small measure of success,
>imposed sanctions on witnesses so protected.

It is one thing to believe that you might be able to change a human's mind
by threatening another human via jail.  (It reminds me of many bad movies.)
 It is quite a different level of hubris to think that a similar action
could overcome mathematical probability.  However, I am unable to predict
the actions of anyone who believes that the Supreme Court is the top
law-giver of the Universe.

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread