1996-04-19 - Cybercash vs Mark Twain Digicash?

Header Data

From: Christian Odhner <trask@goodnet.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 441285b54b068014f0b0fa11c3deba53029fcf396f63e2ca5cc9cfe85e6df4ec
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960418123002.2012A-100000@goodguy>
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:53:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Christian Odhner <trask@goodnet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:53:10 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cybercash vs Mark Twain Digicash?

Hello. I've been off the list for quite a while now, so I'm not up to
date on the current ecash schemes. My company (a major internet service
provider with a lot of web advertising clients) is looking into which
digital cash method would be best to support for use on our customer's
web pages. The head of the web department has taken a look at several,
and is torn between Mark Twain's stuff and Cybercash. I was wondering if
people who have looked at these systems could give me a rundown on the
major differences. I know that Mark Twain is nice and secure (or at least
I *think* I know that) but Cybercash is signifigantly easier to use. Any
comments would be welcome, and to keep list volume down (I assume it's
still as busy as ever) I'd be happy to recieve replies via direct email,
and sumarize for the list.

Happy Hunting, -Chris Odhner
- GoodNet -

Thread