1996-04-12 - Demonizing the Opposition: Bruce “The Toolman” Taylor

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 49ed77ca1f8b2903331ff5bf7e64e994f3126c1fa5b99a54934627851bf3a641
Message ID: <v02120d0cad94054e9da6@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 06:15:31 +0800

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 06:15:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Demonizing the Opposition: Bruce "The Toolman" Taylor

At CFP96, Bruce Taylor, Brock Meek's "lawyer with brass balls", and Declan
McCullagh's "architect of the CDA" (who seems like a Pretty Stand-Up Guy,
except he wants to tell us how to think), sat on the dias and made
repetitive inflamatory references to a picture of "female genitalia nailed
to a board", and others to a picture of "a penis with a blister on it",
citing them as examples of the Rampant Filth and Corruption We Find on the
Internet Today, Brothers and Sisters, Say Haleluja.

Unfortunately, as hard as I tried to remain true to the Spirit of CFP, and
not Demonize the Opposition, I couldn't help but come up with a spiffy new
moniker for Mr. Taylor, which I will try to remember to use from time to
time, viz.,

Bruce "Penis with a Blister" Taylor
abbreviated PWAB, or "Blister" I suppose

Of course, the CDA-able version of this proposed new handle would be,

Bruce "The Toolman" Taylor
shortened to "Toolie"? "The Tool"? "Toolboy"?

;-).

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell
The e$ Home Page: http://thumper.vmeng.com/pub/rah/

Thread