1996-04-06 - Re: FWD: On digital cash and geodesic economies

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: “Alexander ‘Sasha’ Chislenko” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 57064b848f2e8318a819b7b4d7bed5eb9b76623512d5d90961cb6db12b5fd2ff
Message ID: <ad8bf2ec250210040f94@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 06:10:44 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 06:10:44 +0800
To: "Alexander 'Sasha' Chislenko" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: FWD: On digital cash and geodesic economies

At 3:09 PM 4/6/96, Alexander 'Sasha' Chislenko wrote:
>Haven's seen anything on Bionomics list for a month.
>Is the list silent, or is it just me.
>
>I hope you will find the following article relevant to bionomics.

But, Sasha, this is the Cypherpunks list...

Seriously, several years ago I started hearing the hype and hoopla about
"Bionomics." Following the book, the conference. Then the seminars, the
training packages, and perhaps even the cult. The book didn't seem to say
anything new, except that markets and various other systems share some
emergent commonalities.

What made me think of it as a cult is when the groupies joined, the staff
was hired, and the publicity campaign began. "The Bionomics Institute"?

But who am I to question EST^H^H^Hbionomics?

Personally, I have accepted Eric Drexler as my personal savior in the Churh
of the Assembler Multitude.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!