1996-04-07 - Re: Unicorn of Color

Header Data

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 59ba78bc6399f32afd5e2efffeb11a0af40059d2d2ac7e4ffa43e338911037d7
Message ID: <199604071702.NAA23833@pipe6.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 05:14:08 +0800

Raw message

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 05:14:08 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Unicorn of Color

On Apr 06, 1996 11:57:33, 'tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)' wrote:

>Also, I am hesitant to call you "Black Unicorn," as applying the adjective

>"black" to a person is illegal in some jurisdictions, and "Unicorn of
>Color" does not ring true. (But I grew up calling blacks "colored people,"

>and gladly switched to the more noble-sounding "black" in the 1960s, and
>now I almost vomit everytime I hear some radfem lesbian claim "All wimmin
>are people of color!!!!" Yeah, colored people. My, how the worm has
>turned....)

Don't go Grubor on us now Tim. Slip over the border and get some downers to
handle the delusion of "some jurisdictions" that make it "illegal" to call
someone "black."

Your gorge is also a lot more steady than you think, so I wouldn't worry
about it. If you can choke down nuclear bombings of civilians, surely you
can handle the new "private dictionaries" of a few radical feminists who
spell "adult female" w-i-m-m-i-n.

--tallpaul

PS: I identify with that section of the women's liberation movement who
spell a different word b-y-t-c-h.

Thread