1996-04-24 - Re: CO$

Header Data

From: Jim Byrd <byrd@ACM.ORG>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5dba1c45d6bdf199da00721de76e979f22f04c5ff611e2d5a0cfd97934f130bf
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960423205236.006ce8a4@tiac.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:40:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Byrd <byrd@ACM.ORG>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:40:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CO$

At 03:21 PM 4/23/96 -0400, Scott Binkley wrote:

>Hi, lately we have had numerous threads on the CO$, and its threats to
>remailers, and the such, I am quite interested
>in the discussions regarding the cult, and want to know if anyone out
>there knows of a mailing list that deals with it that I can join.

There's no particular mailing list, but there is a very active discussion
group at alt.religion.scientology.  There are numerous web pages, a good
place to start is http://www.cybercom.net/~rnewman/scientology/home.html.
It has pointers to many other pages.  Also, many of the critics (including
several who have been raided, sued, or threatened) show up on IRC channel
#scientology.  Be careful of what you post in alt.religion.scientology, or
the cult could start emailing threats to you too.

Thread