1996-04-17 - What’s the “Human Interaction Institute” at CMU For ???

Header Data

From: ssalgaller@CCGATE.HAC.COM
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7bebc5960c8641b9e19a88a2f17750228ce2c16246b653a362af4eb827b55e5f
Message ID: <9603168296.AA829695326@CCGATE.HAC.COM>
Raw Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 15:06:31 +0800

Raw message

From: ssalgaller@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 15:06:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: What's the "Human Interaction Institute" at CMU For ???

          Dear Concerned Citizens,

          Re: Subject, what is Dan Olsen going to be in charge of at
          CMU ? (ref: CDA debate; expert witness for the CDA)

          The title could refer to net censorship, or to bio-medical
          implantation of control computers inside human brains.

          So which is it ?

          Or is this not an exclusive or answer ?

          Stephen S.
          salgaller@ccgate.hac.com
          or try:
          salgaller@aol.com

          PS: If anyone can tell me the name of the 1965 movie
          starring Michael Renee that dealt with the above two issues,
          please tell me.

          If you were not aware, the movie dealt with a plan,
          initially, to link all humanity directly to each other. One
          could "download" data directly into your brain ! You could
          also have "mental telepathy" and communicate with others.
          Michael Renee's character escapes to the past to try to end
          research done by a scientist, that lead up to the inevitable

          a totalitarian world government takes control of everyone;

          even your thoughts are no longer private.

          You get the idea. This was also done as part of the movie
          "Terminator 2"; I wonder if the writer of the 1965 movie got
          any screen credit or royalties for T2 ???

          I'm worrying too much, right ? It can't happen here ???
          Tim Mc Veigh said he had a bio chip implant. Nah...

Thread