1996-04-17 - [NOISE] was Re: Re[2]: What’s the “Human Interaction Institute” at CMU For ???

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: ssalgaller@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Message Hash: 935d94e4c7ccc387d5383321baabf5708caaad17bb1d417ebf23414dceb9b7a7
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.960417073447.4979A-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <9603168296.AA829695327@CCGATE.HAC.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-17 15:23:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:23:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:23:59 +0800
To: ssalgaller@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: [NOISE] was Re: Re[2]: What's the "Human Interaction Institute" at CMU For ???

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996 ssalgaller@CCGATE.HAC.COM wrote:

>           Dear Concerned Citizen,
>
>           Am I the only one worrying about the use of technology to
>           implement a "New World Order" ???

No. Check this out. Very scary stuff. These people are too wierd:

Send e-mail addressed to listproc@internex.net with "Dilbert" as the
subject and the words
"subscribe Dilbert_List Joe Blow" in the body of the message (be sure to
replace the words
"Joe Blow" with your name!). Don't include any other information (your
e-mail address will be picked up
automatically). NOTE: To unsubscribe, follow these same steps but use
"unsubscribe
Dilbert_List" in the body of the message.

>           If not, where else can I post this message ???
>
>           Yes, AOL has a movie trivia board, but I'm serious !

Nothing serious over at ol' AOL.

>           A similar concern could be made about biotechnology: with
>           gene splicing, it would be possible to create a race of "sub
>           humans" to do slave labor and fight wars.

Been done. These are called Induhviduals.

>           This has been done in several Sci-Fi movies, but it's not
>           going to stay fiction much longer.

A certain author, who shall remain nameless, seems to imply that such
dastardly creatures can be found at PacBell.

>           Stephen S.
>
>           PS: Shouldn't these be the questions that CMU worries about?
>               Which is worse, genetic slavery or "dirty duck" photos ?

Um, what's the duck doing?

Thread