1996-04-19 - (Fwd) Re: GPS-based authentication (response)

Header Data

From: “Peter Trei” <trei@process.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a301d6567ec647c314e74c55b46eb6e3335942b7b36fa512e2bbfc237b199038
Message ID: <199604191446.HAA11803@cygnus.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:37:32 +0800

Raw message

From: "Peter Trei" <trei@process.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:37:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (Fwd) Re: GPS-based authentication (response)

As many of you will remember, I wrote last week to Dorothy Denning
and Peter McDoran, describing some of the reservations expressed
on the cpunk list concerning their 'cyberlocator' scheme. They've
both responded, but not in a terribly helpful form.

Denning wrote back quickly to say that she was going out of town,
and that her colleague would respond.

MacDoran took 6 days to reply, and then only to say that if my
employer entered into a non-disclosure agreement with ISR Inc,
then all my concerns "would be addressed".

I wrote back to MacDoran, suggesting that open disclosure of their
techniques would build confidence in their product, and requesting
permission to repost his letter to the cpunk list. He has not responded
after 24 hours.

Peter Trei
ptrei@acm.org

Peter Trei