1996-04-04 - CMU/BYU administrator helps the DoJ defend the CDA

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b36f5fb271e46c15639657090987e9d68ddff242750cc5938a97f93eadcbee27
Message ID: <IlMetqu00YUvIA9OVt@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 11:05:23 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 11:05:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CMU/BYU administrator helps the DoJ defend the CDA

[Dan Olsen was hired as the director of the Human Computer Interaction
Institute at Carnegie Mellon University earlier this year. --Declan]

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 09:12:20 -0700
To: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
From: olsen@cs.byu.edu (Dan Olsen)
Subject: Re: Question

>Will you be testifying on behalf of the DoJ in the CDA lawsuit in
>Philadelphia? Have you been at all involved with the case?

Yes I am and yes I have.

-------------
Dan R. Olsen Jr.
Computer Science Department, Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
phone: 801-378-2225  fax: 801-378-7775

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 09:35:39 -0700
To: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+CMU.EDU>
From: olsencs.byu.edu (Dan Olsen)

>Dan: Thanks for replying. What are you planning to testify about? What
>are your personal feelings about the CDA? How were you contacted?

I understand your interest, having read your home page. I would be happy to
go over all of this with you when I actually move to CMU in July and the
case has completed. Until the case is resolved, it would be inappropriate
to discuss it.

Thanks for your interest

Dan R. Olsen Jr.
Computer Science Department, Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
phone: 801-378-2225  fax: 801-378-7775

Thread