1996-04-18 - LolitaWatch

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bf7dde2da995e8b9c83bf602ff16cda5357da452b1c1379d415e30ecb71e447c
Message ID: <ad9ae3ef05021004ae11@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:38:16 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:38:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: LolitaWatch

Sunnyvale, CA. Nubility, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of
"LolitaWatch," a filter program for the Web and Net which alerts users
about the presence of nubile, young teens (and even younger!). LolitaWatch
operates by checking the federally-mandated "age bit."

No longer will you be frustrated in trying to contact that 12-year-old
girl, only to eventually learn she's a 44-year-old male playing mind games.
The President of Nubility, Pete Ofeil, said "Hey, the government says that
they have to wear a sign announcing their age...all we're doing is offering
a service to our customers."

(There is still the problem that the girl may be a boy, or vice versa,
depending on your preferences, but this is likely to be solved as the
"Fairness to Women and Other People of Color Protection Act," which
mandates that a "gender bit" be set.)

"LolitaWatch allows me to cut quickly to the chase, screening out the
hags," says Roy G. Biv, appreciator of young girls. "I've even rigged up my
copy of LolitaWatch to automatically alert me when one of these nubile
young things enters an IRC chat room!," he added with a sly grin.

LolitaWatch is available immediately for Windows and Macintosh. No Unix
version is planned because Unix users are, well, unix.

Thread