1996-04-01 - Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fe28262050edc825dcebccf5487ceb515563b9bd54a01d58d447ddb7647b60a8
Message ID: <ad849a120a021004de9b@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 16:25:32 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 16:25:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

At 8:14 PM 3/31/96, Rev. Ben wrote:

>I won't post my opinions upon whom I think is an Agent Provocateur, but
>Uni isn't one.

For what it's worth, I don't think there's a single agent provacateur on
the list. At least not a vocal one (which sort of defeats the point).

While I expect there may be a few government types who subscribe just to
see what's going on (and I don't mean more active subscribers, such as
Brian Davis, even though he's an Assistant District Attorney--he openly
admits his role and makes contributions openly), I've seen no evidence that
anyone is a provacateur.

We're fairly open in our approaches, and are not plotting in secret, so the
role of an agent provacateur is not clear. Disruptors, yes. But one man's
disruption is another man's lively debate. So what else is new.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!