1996-05-31 - Possible out-of-US remailer sites, 2nd edition

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: remailer-operators@c2.org
Message Hash: 048a7a7fd405719ad2ad3c854c03b005c3435c82ebb6f01571a8aef40a7db7de
Message ID: <01I5C4N7IN5C8Y52T1@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 18:43:27 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 18:43:27 +0800
To: remailer-operators@c2.org
Subject: Possible out-of-US remailer sites, 2nd edition

	This is the second edition of my listing of possible good companies
outside the US from which to run an anonymous remailer, assuming telnetting
to a UNIX shell in most cases. (Those marked with a + have access through PPP,
SLIP, or similar protocols). I have removed Malaysia from the listing due to
its government's suppression of free speech/press, which Rich Graves was kind
enough to point out to me.
	The countries on here are a mixture of those with strong support for
free speech/press, and those with useful laws regarding offshore companies,
through which a for-profit remailer might be run with limited liability.

_Country/Area_  _Name_                           _Email_
Anguilla        Cable & Wireless                 webmaster@candw.com.ai
Anguilla	Offshore Information Services*** info@offshore.com.ai
Antigua         Cable & Wireless                 scholla@candw.ag
Barbados        CaribSurf                        webmaster@caribsurf.com
Denmark         cybernet.dk                      info@cybernet.dk
Finland         Clinet                           clinet@clinet.fi
Finland         Net People                       helpdesk@netppl.fi
Finland         Xgateway Finland*                pal@xgw.fi
Iceland         Multimedia Consumer Services     mmedia@mmedia.is
Isle of Man     Advanced Systems Consultants**   info@advsys.co.uk
Jamaica         InfoChannel                      icquery@infochan.com
Liechtenstein   Ping Services                    afink@ping.ch
Liechtenstein   Online Store                     webmaster@onlinestore.com
Malta           maltaNET                         info@maltanet.omnes.net
New Zealand	+PlaNet Free NZ			 support@planet.gen.nz
New Zealand	+PlaNet FreeNZ Wellington	 tich@wn.planet.gen.nz
New Zealand	The Internet Group		 info@ihug.co.nz
New Zealand	+Manawatu Internet Services	 info@manawatu.gen.nz
New Zealand	Wave Internet Services		 accounts@wave.co.nz
Sweden          FX                               fx@uni-x.se
Sweden          Internet One**                   Support@one.se
Sweden          Kajplats 305                     info@kajen.malmo.se

* = This organization has on its main page a link to a document called the
"Declaration of an Independent Internet." It thus may be possible to persuade
them to support a remailer at reduced or no charge as part of this.

** = This organization's main page has the EFF blue ribbon, unlike others.

*** = This organization is run by a cypherpunk, Vince Cate. It does have the
disadvantages of requiring $50 a month or $420 a year for a telnet-only UNIX
shell, with a limit of 50 MB/month for mail without extra charges. However, its
charge is $20 a month or $168 a year for a POP account, although the limit is
then 20 MB/month for mail without extra charges.

        I would appreciate comment on all aspects of this list. These include:
additional companies and countries to add; companies or countries to take off
(international politics & law is not my subject); and suggestions about where
to look for more (it is quite possible that I did not locate all the lists of
out-of-US ISPs).
        -Allen

Thread