1996-05-17 - Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: jamesd@echeque.com
Message Hash: 05c3c0c2165366089efb1b6039973a9793f701b6a4f77ff858ecfd249077f3b8
Message ID: <01I4S8A124Z68Y5FF6@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 04:22:45 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 04:22:45 +0800
To: jamesd@echeque.com
Subject: Re:  SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

From:	IN%"jamesd@echeque.com" 16-MAY-1996 00:44:57.85

>What do I need to do to support a remailer that posts to non binary
>newsgroups? (I do not have root control on a unix machine other than my
>employers machine, for which I am unlikely to receive approval to use
>in this fashion.)

	Well, there are some mail-to-news gateways; I believe someone posted
on them a while back. You could write to the operators and ask them for a copy
of the software. I would suggest only accepting messages from mixmaster
remailers; this would reduce the likelihood of successful lawsuits against you
for the logs, since they won't give any information.
	-Allen

Thread