1996-05-05 - errata

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Message Hash: 063f3cf37ec25cd04dda47aa04bb1de6ab51b6981faab1e585bb9550879681d6
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960504195159.18631E-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960504180157.16238B-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-05 04:34:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 12:34:14 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 12:34:14 +0800
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Subject: errata

After a quick proof read I went and submitted the uncorrected article
anyway. [Duh, too many festivities last night].

On Sat, 4 May 1996, Black Unicorn wrote:

> Other jurisdictions I would suggest simply for banking secrecy from
> private plaintiffs would include Vanautu (Though I would note that there
> is a bit of instability there currently.  It seems the locals dislike the
> english governor a great deal and have begun to sound meanacing about it).
> While Vanautu has passed a money laundering law, if your application is
> not otherwise criminal it's still an excellent option.

Vanuatu is the correct spelling.

> Ignore almost everything I said above if your expected threat model is
> anything more than low to moderately determined private plaintiffs
> (divorce, personal injury, typical small to medium business law suits are
> all fairly harmless with mere secret banking, but determined attackers
> with more resources and government attackers have a great deal more
> resources).

The end should have read:

"But determined attackers with more resources and government attackers
with immense resources require the use of more intensive efforts and a lot
more money."

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn@schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread