1996-05-01 - Network Sex

Header Data

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
To: perry@piermont.com
Message Hash: 07739a71a55199fa6ed9fd3e4cbdf8545fae6ec0902e8335d69492a7f3cf2c7e
Message ID: <199605010721.AAA09840@netcom9.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 18:47:18 +0800

Raw message

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 18:47:18 +0800
To: perry@piermont.com
Subject: Network Sex

At 10:50 PM 4/30/96 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>I was under the impression that sex involved physical presense.

In her lecture for ee380 at Stanford, Lisa Palac was asked, Well, just how
do you have sex on the net?

Her answer indicated that essentially you talk dirty with your partner and
masturbate.  IMHO netsex eliminates the possibility of sexually transmitted
disease.  The abstract for her lecture (from
http://www-leland.stanford.edu/class/ee380/) is:

>Apr 3: Lisa Palac, Author: Sex and the Single Cyberchick
>
>Speaker: Lisa Palac, Author and Founding Editor, Future Sex Magazine
>
>Title: Sex and the Single Cyberchick
>
>Abstract
>
>This lectures discusses the ways computer technology is fundamentally
>changing the sexual landscape. Facts and fictions about cybersex, the
>moral panic over porn on the Internet and erotic liberation in the
>digital domain.
>
>Biography
>
>Lisa Palac is the producer of the erotic virtual audio series
>*Cyborgasm*, http://www.iuma.com/cyborgasm and the founding editor
>of Future Sex magazine. She is currently writing on a book about sex
>and popular culture titled, The Edge of the Bed.

Regards - Bill

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread