1996-05-22 - Re: Bit tax proposal?

Header Data

From: “Rev. Mark Grant, ULC” <mark@unicorn.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0904900b4bc33bb301994a0e9d13874dec04c228491067d43cfc66e9e34a5cf1
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9605221732.A29209-0100000@unicorn.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 06:41:28 +0800

Raw message

From: "Rev. Mark Grant, ULC" <mark@unicorn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 06:41:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bit tax proposal?

>      All interactive digital information would be subject to the new tax.
> Thus digital broadcast and digital radio (all 'one to many' broadcasts)
> would be exempted from the tax.

Gosh, so the TV and radio companies would get to broadcast tax-free and
the rest of us would have to pay. Not like this is intended to turn the
scary old Internet into the digital equivalent of the broadcast media.
I'm sure that idea never even considered crossing their minds...

Hmm, maybe "Cypherpunks Productions" should start broadcasting soap operas
and gameshows with email and Usenet stego-ed into the low bits.

	Mark

Thread