1996-05-23 - SURVEY: Trading on the Internet

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 137eaf5b602ded24590cb5d465e19d7936e4c89830e2dafe3cd2f5d55e61ac47
Message ID: <v0300660fadca0292d022@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 01:05:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 01:05:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SURVEY: Trading on the Internet

--- begin forwarded text

Sender: e$@thumper.vmeng.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 12:37:41 +0100 (BST)
From: Ian Grigg <iang@systemics.com> (by way of Rachel Willmer)
To: Multiple recipients of <e$@thumper.vmeng.com>

Following on from The Spring Street Brewery's successful IPO, I
am researching the nature of Internet issues of debt and equity.
This envisages the use of electronic token value systems such
as Digicash and the digital bearer bonds that Bob talks about.
The topic is for a management report that I am writing as the
final deliverable in my MBA, and has a lot of bearing on what
we are trying to do within the embryonic Internet Financial System.

So, making whatever assumptions you like (but please mention
them), here goes with some questions:

----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----
Would your company be interested in the idea of issuing on the
Internet?

What specifically would attract you to issuing on the Internet?

What specifically would worry you?

Would you prefer Debt (bonds) or Equity (shares) (or something
more exotic)?

What sort of products/services does your company sell?

Do you think Internet users would be attracted enough to your
company to give you money (e.g. are you the Netscape of '97)?

If not the general Internet community, who would buy your shares or
bonds (local community, funds, family+friends, business contacts...)?

---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----
That's it, thanks in advance for your patience.  Please forward to
me directly, rather than posting (but post any deeper questions as
they will, no doubt, be welcome).

I am not interested in direct marketing anything (and please don't
ask for a list of respondents), but any interesting answers I would
like to follow up by email to develop them.

Indicate if you want some summarised feedback (won't be for a few weeks).

--
Ian Grigg
iang@systemics.com

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"If they could 'just pass a few more laws',
  we would all be criminals."    --Vinnie Moscaritolo
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/

Thread