1996-05-22 - Re: The Twilight of the Remailers?

Header Data

From: middle-man-admin@alpha.c2.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 21c39860067e3db4534a2b32d1a682f532b3ca3caf0c6f1f7ed638b36cfb7d09
Message ID: <199605221131.EAA06184@infinity.c2.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 23:55:01 +0800

Raw message

From: middle-man-admin@alpha.c2.org
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 23:55:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Twilight of the Remailers?

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 7:59 PM 5/21/96, Alex Strasheim wrote:
> >I'm closing my mixmaster, nsa@omaha.com, on the 4th of June.

> Between Hacktic going down, Hal's comments that he may shut down his two
> sites, and this, plus others who are more quietly making plans to shut
> down, I think the thread title "The Remailer Crisis" is more apt than ever.

	I tend to agree. I realize that the middle-man remailer requires
that there be bastion remailers on the end of the chain. Without them, the
"middle-man" concept won't work. I thank the remailer sites the allow the
middle-man to work.

	Anyway, with all the remailers that have either vocalized their
retirement and those that are silently considering retirement, I would
like to announce that the middle-man remailer should be available for
download as early as this weekend. Utopia.hacktic.nl (basement) and c2.org
have agreed to carry the middle-man remailer on their FTP sites. As soon
as I can get the documentation finished, I'll post it.

				middle-man-admin

Thread