1996-05-10 - Re: Remailer in a box

Header Data

From: Lance Cottrell <loki@obscura.com>
To: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Message Hash: 23ab984c18080337aecb18dfca171e0ff4b6944506cbb6f3d9727d15840fc2d5
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960509145524.23367B-100000@sirius.infonex.com>
Reply To: <01I4IDYWGXEQ8Y5B50@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-10 12:52:45 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 20:52:45 +0800

Raw message

From: Lance Cottrell <loki@obscura.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 20:52:45 +0800
To: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Subject: Re: Remailer in a box

On Thu, 9 May 1996, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

> From:	IN%"loki@infonex.com"  9-MAY-1996 00:59:47.21
>
> >Cyberpass (www.cyberpass.net) offers UNIX accounts without dialin access
> >for $7 per month. These are available anonymously, and can be paid for with
> >ecash.
>
> 	After taking a look at www.cyberpass.net, I can see why you're
> encoraging people to use it - about like Sameer encouraging people to use
> c2.org.

Guilty

> Your work on remailers does give you some reputation capital, however.
> The signup form isn't very clear about anonymnity, BTW - I suggest dividing it
> into optional and mandatory sections, and stating what will be the policy for
> a lack of the optional ones. What's the 17- vs 18 differentiation for?
> 	Thanks,
> 	-Allen

I am not pushing the anonymous accounts until my laywer finishes the user
agreement for them. It is a bit of a tricky document (Sameer, want a copy
when it is done?). The whole site is days away from a complete redesign,
so I am not putting much effort into the current interface. Thanks for
the suggestions though.

The >= 18 condition is to cover my butt. Since minors can not be parties
to contracts, I have no protection with them as clients. I am only a
provider for adults, and they take full responsibility for any children
allowed to use the connection. Fuck the CDA, but keep an eye on its claws.

	-Lance

Lance Cottrell   loki@infonex.com
President Infonex Internet Services
http://www.Infonex.com