1996-05-08 - Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: tcmay@got.net
Message Hash: 286f941239562d6c2914555a50e5aff87a9a636f6c1f0a47af744ed9c37af21f
Message ID: <01I4FOV28VPS8Y59D8@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 13:43:40 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 13:43:40 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net
Subject: Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

From:	IN%"tcmay@got.net"  7-MAY-1996 00:45:56.61

>By the way, as long as I've added another comment to this not-very-relevant
>thread (but one which has generated a lot of comments, so it's hard to hard
>folks aren't interested), I should mention that I left out the effects of
>INFLATION in my "60%" figure.

	Actually, inflation is relevant in a different way. In a system under
which a democratic (or otherwise popularly-influenced) government has some
control over the money supply, some inflation can be used as an invisible tax
going from those who save (primarily those of the middle class and above) to
those whose jobs are affected first by economic downturns (primarily those of
the middle class and below). This has relevance, in regards to privately
produced currencies and digital cash.
	-Allen

Thread