1996-05-20 - Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailers

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4493a0fcb525da20907efbc5280a0e2e3cadc8c6b63f6eea18fa50f4083a9c85
Message ID: <01I4WUZKQ6ZC8Y5FKU@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 18:56:23 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 18:56:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailers

	It occurs to me that a certain number of companies have schemes that
could easily be used to set up anonymous, transient mailing output ends on
anonymous remailers. These are AOL (with its famed lack of true credit card
verification) and free email services such as Juno. The idea would be to have
a remailer address that took in mailings, then sent any that were to go other
than to another remailer via a temporary account. Now, this would have the
potential problem of decreasing remailer reputation among those in such
companies; for AOL, it would also decrease the chance of anyone paying
attention to the remailed messages (people deleting stuff from @aol.com
automatically, etcetera).
	-Allen

Thread