1996-05-25 - Re: Children’s Privacy Act

Header Data

From: Bruce Baugh <bruce@aracnet.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4cffcb5e2564fb568447faeed25e1840981d81181f4b6481d93be5c990e10083
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960525115008.006ed084@mail.aracnet.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 22:59:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Bruce Baugh <bruce@aracnet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 22:59:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Children's Privacy Act

At 11:34 PM 5/24/96 -0700, tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May) wrote:

>If I have compiled records, dossiers, etc., as I most assuredly have (got
>to fill up those MO disks with something), this is "my" information. Mine
>in the sense that others can't dictate to me what I do with it.

I don't see that this is necessarily true for information any more than it
is property. Property can be bought, sold, traded, given away, made...but it
can also be stolen. Just as I have a right to complain if you walk off with
my couch without my permission, so if you walk off with data on my blood
chemistry or credit history without my permission.

--
Bruce Baugh
bruce@aracnet.com

Thread