1996-05-04 - Re: Why I dislike Java. (was Re: “Scruffies” vs. “Neats”)

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
To: jsw@netscape.com
Message Hash: 560fe6aefc2d2c0bdc341fb3b01e14d9e5e741c802489454f15a320a180b8322
Message ID: <199605040141.UAA23833@homeport.org>
Reply To: <3189A993.A19@netscape.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-04 07:02:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 15:02:46 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 15:02:46 +0800
To: jsw@netscape.com
Subject: Re: Why I dislike Java. (was Re: "Scruffies" vs. "Neats")

I saw this on your pages.  Where can I get the beta, and will it work
with my firewall so I can 'force' all users to upgrade to a version
that understands it?

Adam

Jeff Weinstein wrote:

| Perry E. Metzger wrote:
| > Netscape with Java cannot be so tested because important components
| > come down off the net.  So no, I'm not holding Netscape with Java to a
| > higher standard. I'm very much holding it to the same standard.
|
|   The Netscape Administration Kit will allow a site security admin
| to create a configuration that disables Java, and does not allow the
| user to enable it.  If your customers require netscape, perhaps this
| is an option that will make you more comfortable.

					               -Hume

Thread