1996-05-09 - Re: Remailer in a box

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: adam@lighthouse.homeport.org
Message Hash: 5725a7652c093f92657bf2a79da19c337483fc6a0f65a4ced02884c256e63752
Message ID: <01I4H8DYPYFS8Y5AFU@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 17:00:53 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 17:00:53 +0800
To: adam@lighthouse.homeport.org
Subject: Re: Remailer in a box

	Questions. How much memory does the Mixmaster remailer take up? What
accesses/permissions/etcetera on a machine do I need to have in order to have
it running on an account? Has anyone set up one such that it will only remail
from & to a set of addresses (e.g., other remailers)? I, for instance, wouldn't
be willing to deal with the hassles involved with running a remailer that was
either what the end user would see (thus getting potentially deluged with help
questions) or the end mailer (thus getting potentially in problems if someone
abuses the remailer)... but I (and others) might if it was set up just for
chaining. (Yes, I know I'd need a UNIX account... I'm looking into that.)
	Speaking of UNIX, does anyone have any existing programs to
automatically mail out at random intervals a looping or /dev/null directed
message through the remailers, in order to increase security against traffic
analysis?
	Thanks,
	-Allen

Thread