1996-05-22 - Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST (fwd)

Header Data

From: hendersn@zeta.org.au (Zed)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 592215a7c2754baf1c76c86d984d4860129b31fc90690f317261d54c6e7947d1
Message ID: <199605221617.CAA05808@godzilla.zeta.org.au>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 06:07:52 +0800

Raw message

From: hendersn@zeta.org.au (Zed)
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 06:07:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST (fwd)

>Had he posted it through a remailer, I think it would have been well
>justified.  He was obviously blowing the whistle on what he saw as illegal
>activities.

The only reason that Keith could post NOTS 34 at all was because it had
previously been posted to a.r.s anonymously. Prior to that, no-one outside
of the Church had a copy of any NOTS materials(or so the Church says).

>  That's a much different matter than posting the entire NOTs
>series, though.  The wholesale copying is what most people seem to object
>to, though my observations tell me that the "Church" objects to any
>copying, even for fair use...

Grady Ward got sued by the Church just because he _asked_ for a NOTS pack to
be sent to him. The Church will do everything within its not inconsiderable
power to prevent NOTS material being disseminated on the Internet - up to
and including destroying the anonymous remailer network.
  Zed(hendersn@zeta.org.au)
"Don't hate the media, become the media" - Jello Biafra
  PGP key on request

Thread