1996-05-10 - Re: Mandatory Voluntary Self-Ratings

Header Data

From: “Joseph M. Reagle Jr.” <reagle@MIT.EDU>
To: vznuri@netcom.com>“
Message Hash: 5eed4994d6b302a5627e81bbafc46ddfc034938f8e8818a7208402708639e4c3
Message ID: <9605092113.AA13795@rpcp.mit.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 20:27:14 +0800

Raw message

From: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 20:27:14 +0800
To: vznuri@netcom.com>"
Subject: Re: Mandatory Voluntary Self-Ratings

>        I see it as an author provided a value added service to his content
>same as anyone else.

        In fact, 3rd party services may have problems with large and dynamic
WEB sites (in which case they just might rate it high, and rate the whole
directory.) (I was thinking about this with regards to incorporating rating
systems into WEB site managements tools and apps...) If MICS and signatures
do become prevalent, an easy way I can defeat ratings I don't like (or to
keep from others rating me) is to repeatedly change my content in some
simple way, throwing off their MICS.

Regards,       Men govern nothing with more difficulty than their tongues,
               and can moderate their desires more than their words. -Spinoza
Joseph  Reagle      http://farnsworth.mit.edu/~reagle/home.html
reagle@mit.edu      E0 D5 B2 05 B6 12 DA 65  BE 4D E3 C1 6A 66 25 4E

Thread