1996-05-11 - Re: PGP, Inc.

Header Data

From: “Dan Weinstein” <djw@vplus.com>
To: timd@consensus.com (Tim Dierks)
Message Hash: 60d172f0b732607629f19763588467ee3a16ba9198414810e9e67f0187d5f9d2
Message ID: <199605110530.WAA12458@ns1.vplus.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 19:07:31 +0800

Raw message

From: "Dan Weinstein" <djw@vplus.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 19:07:31 +0800
To: timd@consensus.com (Tim Dierks)
Subject: Re: PGP, Inc.

On 10 May 96 at 18:12, you wrote:

> At 5:48 PM 5/10/96, Dan Weinstein wrote:
> >On Fri, 10 May 1996 10:22:24 -0700, timd@consensus.com wrote:
> >>
> >>The only effort they make is that when using the email-based CA,
> >>it mails the certificate to the address within, so it's not
> >>trivial to get a cert for an address that you don't have access
> >>to. (I'm not saying it's impossible, or even hard, just that it
> >>requires some skill and effort).
> >
> >I don't believe this is correct.  They send you information after
> >you have created the cert verifying that you set it up, but nothing
> >requires a response and the key is transfered via http.
>
> If you'll examine my message, you'll see I was referring to the
> email-based S/MIME class 1 CA.
>
> Best,
>  - Tim Dierks
>
> Tim Dierks  --  timd@consensus.com  --  www.consensus.com
> Head of Thing-u-ma-jig Engineering, Consensus Development

Oops, sorry about that.

Dan Weinstein
djw@vplus.com
http://www.vplus.com/~djw
PGP public key is available from my Home Page.
All opinions expressed above are mine.

"I understand by 'freedom of Spirit' something quite definite -
the unconditional will to say No, where it is dangerous to say
No.
           Friedrich Nietzsche

Thread