1996-05-16 - RE: Why does the state still stand:

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Jean-Francois Avon <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Message Hash: 6f99e9ed41b0d69bba6184df2c92e7744678658b6bef4d039f12b47af103f330
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960515172511.10635D-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <9605151745.AB23065@cti02.citenet.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-16 07:39:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 15:39:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 15:39:55 +0800
To: Jean-Francois Avon <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Subject: RE: Why does the state still stand:

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Jean-Francois Avon wrote:

> On 14 May 96 at 22:01, blanc wrote:
>
> > 3 problems which immediately come to mind:
> >
> > .  What if someone, hired on one occasion but fired at another,
> > decides in anger to "turn coat" and report everyone to the IRS (or
> > other fine government agency)?
> >
> > .  What if a company does not pay as expected - other than adopting
> > Assassination Politics, what method could an employee use towards
> > getting their expected remuneration for work done?
>
> The nature of anonimity, IMO, precludes any legal mechanism since the
> anonymity structure was established precisely to avoid any legal
> consequences.
>
> Here, I might be tempted to differeciate between two cases:
> 1) the entity who wants to get out of the reach of the governmental
> system
> 2) the entity who wants to get out of the reach of everybody (to con
> others)
>
> The only problem is, how will you differentiate between 1) and 2)
> *before* a conflict arises?
>
>   The involved party would then have to resort to use
> some sort of unofficial tribunal.  It would create a set of parrallel
> law system, and as much of them as there would be groups doing
> business together.

I disagree.  The key is prior or on site clearing.  Anonymous businesses
will have to depend more on reputation, and even reputation has its limits
when it comes to parties that obviously have no accountabilty at all.

Participants in such a market will have to be wary of the "last shot" or
"last round" problem.  (Specifically that one party to the transaction may
no longer wish to participate in the market, and not need to and thus is
free to screw the market, "cash in" his reputation and retire on the
proceeds as a result.

Still, escrows or multiple escrows will be the answer here.

> Again, depending on the context, AP might wery well be the only
> solution or be no workable solution at all.

Now, tell me how AP is a solution if everyone in the corporation is double
blinded?  Who do anonymous parties put out betting pools on?

[As AP has been discredited in this application, your argument for it is
deleted.]

> > .  Wouldn't everyone need to have two jobs (or source of regularly
> > accepted cash), in order to be able to pay for services where
> > suppliers do not accept virtual cash transactions? (TCM has
> > mentioned before about the need to pay for some things in tiny
> > quantities - like quarters for a phone call, etc.)
>
> Any physical currency can be made traceable (put a chemical or
> radioactive tracer or a zillion other tricks...)

And so?  Because I possess or have received cash from someone does not
mean that it is mine, nor that I earned it, nor that I am not merely
holding it, nor that I am not acting as trustee.

Income tax and currency taxes depend on realization events.  Even in the
strictest sense, realization is a thin and vague concept.

Your only remaining option is to tax possession of currency.  Good luck.

> JFA

[...]

> THE SYSTEM FROM BEING IMPLEMENTED.  IMO, IT IS UNAVOIDABLE.

Again, who are you going to kill?

>  DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
>  Limoges porcelain, Silverware and mouth blown crystal glasses
>
>  JFA Technologies, R&D consultants.
>  Physists, technologists and engineers.
>
>  PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
>  ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn@schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread