1996-05-03 - Re: Sun’s Wallet

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 821fcafa1830048c58fbe16a7603c11687391036655f84eb8bb0339762e95a06
Message ID: <v02120d08adaf30906966@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 18:52:54 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 18:52:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Sun's Wallet

At 11:18 5/2/96, Steven L Baur wrote:
>> Sydney, Australia, April 30 -- SunSoft will shortly
>> release a workable cash-on-the-Internet program called
>> Wallet
>
>> Once issued, the Digital ID can
>> be used within any enabled application such as Netscape
>> Navigator Internet client software and Netscape
>> SuiteSpot.
>
>Will it be supported by ApacheSSL?

The Java Wallet is supposed to work with any Java enabled browser. The
wallet takes care of moving all the data even through firewalls, so I would
assume it just piggy-backs on http. Note that anyone can create a Wallet
"cassette" for their own present of future payment system. In order for the
cassette to work with the wallet, it needs to be signed by Java Soft. Java
Soft will charge for the sigs. Last I heard, the exact fee was still
undecided.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread