1996-05-15 - Re: Edited Edupage, 9 May 1996

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8820b10f3c696882323b45e9138ff2a6da9625fc5a2e4791af940cabb547d2fe
Message ID: <9605150233.AA20633@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 18:32:10 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 18:32:10 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Edited Edupage, 9 May 1996

On 14 May 96 at 10:57, Doug Hughes wrote:

> I wouldn't normally respond to such an offtopic post, but this post
> is so egregious I couldn't let it pass.

You should have...

> Who says they make a choice
> to live in rural areas?

Why? were they lobotomized?

> Do they also choose not to have enough money
> to pay for shoes?

You got to choose to do what is needed to live a better life.  And
most of them ain't doing what it takes.

> So, because they live in a poor district they are
> not entitled to the same level of education as a rich city suburb?
> The illiteracy rate in Alabama is 40%! This is just plain sick!

When I was a kid, everything that had characters printed on it was
readable.  Who is *preventing* them from reading?

> But the statement that we shouldn't subsidize
> rural customers because they CHOOSE to live there (even though some
> are poor and can't afford to live anywhere else) is just plain
> fallacious.
Please, substantiate your claims with in-context arguments.

> Just because you choose to live in the city does not
> mean people always choose to live where they live.
Who cast their feet in concrete blocks?

> Education is one
> thing (perhaps the only thing) that deserves to be subsidized in
> this country.
I think that it should not be subsidized.
If you feel like subsidising education, then by all means, do it.
But why should you stick a gun in my back to do the same?  What if I
do not want to do the same as you?

> the tone of
> the above message is callous, besides being wrong.
In *my* opinion, it is right on the money.  But if you can stand
reality, then I understand why you rant...

BTW, I do not understand the "logics" that want to bring everybody
down because some individuals are down.  This is a system that punish
achievement for being achievement and value meekness for itself.
A total, anti-life aberration.

JFA
The damn collectivists, thoses with the psycho-epistomology of a
leech and lamprey, be absolutely damned!

 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
 Limoges porcelain, Silverware and mouth blown crystal glasses

 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants.
 Physists, technologists and engineers.

 PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
 ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

 Unsollicited commercial e-mail will be proofread at US165 $/h
 Any sender of such material will be considered as to have ac-
 cepted the above mentionned terms.

Thread