1996-05-04 - PICS & CyberAngels

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b68a6f8024834825af6833e89d45f4136362e3d1f40ed1a69774a80ec627d2c9
Message ID: <01I4A3GEC4UU8Y56P8@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 15:08:07 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 15:08:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PICS & CyberAngels

	In view of the discussion of the possibility of PICS being required
by law, plus that about the CyberAngels, I thought people might find it
interesting that the CyberAngels home page has on it as one of their
"responsibilities" making sure that all pages with sexual content - that
pornography fetish again - have PICS or other (such as Safesurf...) ratings
that would permit censorship of them.
	If parents want to keep their children from seeing sexual material,
that's the problem of the parents - it shouldn't be the problem of anyone else.
If something I put out offends someone (e.g., some political speech I've made),
that's the problem of the person it offends. Sexual material is no different.
	-Allen

Thread