1996-05-29 - Re: Clipper III analysis

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
Message Hash: f10514ab3f8d4bea464de47fadfb85ff6381122a765a59836e5b95b54ea4b44f
Message ID: <add1c03814021004c9a5@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 04:57:55 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 04:57:55 +0800
To: jonathon <grafolog@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Clipper III analysis

At 5:54 AM 5/29/96, jonathon wrote:

>        A good Questioned Document Examiner will be able to demonstrate
>        that the signed document in question was not authored by Joe
>        Blow, even if it contains his digital signature.

I was of course talking about digital signatures, not handwritten signatures.

I would be very interested to hear how a "Questioned Document Examiner" can
possibly determine that a digital signature was not applied by a particular
person.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!