1996-06-07 - Fwd: Re: Clipper III analysis

Header Data

From: “Chris Adams” <adamsc@io-online.com>
To: “cypherpunks” <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 01bbec52ce377d3a05abde88d54f1c1acda928618ef8d95637e17ae72e9b0f68
Message ID: <199606070507.WAA20874@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 20:10:10 +0800

Raw message

From: "Chris Adams" <adamsc@io-online.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 20:10:10 +0800
To: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Clipper III analysis

On 29 May 1996 14:53:30 pdt, tcmay@got.net wrote:

>>        A good Questioned Document Examiner will be able to demonstrate
>>        that the signed document in question was not authored by Joe
>>        Blow, even if it contains his digital signature.
>
>I was of course talking about digital signatures, not handwritten signatures.
>
>I would be very interested to hear how a "Questioned Document Examiner" can
>possibly determine that a digital signature was not applied by a particular
>person.

I believe he was referring to document analysis. By closely comparing a
questionable work
with those of known authorship, a skilled analyst can hopefully find
enough
[dis]similarities to say whether a document was authored by a given
person.

This Message Was Sent With An UNREGISTERED Version Of PMMail.
Please Encourage Its Author To Register Their Copy Of PMMail.
For More Information About PMMail And SouthSide Software's Other
Products, Contact http://www.southsoft.com.

This Message Was Sent With An UNREGISTERED Version Of PMMail.
Please Encourage Its Author To Register Their Copy Of PMMail.
For More Information About PMMail And SouthSide Software's Other
Products, Contact http://www.southsoft.com.

Thread