1996-06-02 - RE: [Off-Topic] “Curfews”

Header Data

From: blanc <blancw@accessone.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 254e8e17d691a4124cd01112018e5bdce1d9b7e1136f979838df5cd47e14124e
Message ID: <01BB5005.1D2F0560@blancw.accessone.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 15:39:34 +0800

Raw message

From: blanc <blancw@accessone.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 15:39:34 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: [Off-Topic]  "Curfews"

From: 	Timothy C. May

Most of the ordinances, including the one here, specifically state that
"blanket permission" by parents is not acceptable. They want _specific_
reasons for being out after curfew.

(sigh)

Once again, the individual is backed up against the wall and made to answer to the State ("specifically") for their behavior in the world of human action.
("so who are you that I must explain myself to you?")

I was considering the inclination of the list membership to focus upon technological, rather than political, solutions to certain social problems.   Would a focus upon the idea of individual self-ownership & authority have any effect upon the State?
(who *are* those people, anyway)

The State resorts to the use of forcible methods in order to keep their non-valuable citizens in line.  The citizens who feel themselves unfairly included resort to the use of technology to deal with impositions of the State upon them when their own ideas on morality are not accepted as legitimate.

A lot of people talk about morality and justice, but really who gives a flip.  The place of these ideas in the everyday life of each person reduces to irrelevance in the face of all the ignorance and cynicism, and in consideration of the alternative technologies which can be used in place of reasoning, when reasoning makes no difference (when you can't force people to think, as often happens).

"I think it's time we re-evaluate the nature of our relationship".

     ..
Blanc

Thread